Wednesday, July 14, 2010

All-Star snoozefest

(Before I launch into this I have to acknowledge one caveat: living in the Eastern Time Zone sucks. TV life was soooooo much better when we lived in the Central. I can't stay up for anything anymore).

Even with World Series home field advantage riding on the outcome, I couldn't stay up to watch that game last night. I lost interest when Charlie Manuel took Roy Halladay out and put in Matt Capps of the Nationals to face David Ortiz with a man on base. Yep, that's the matchup I was waiting to see!

The AL got their only run courtesy of a throwing error by the Dodgers LOOGY (Lefty One Out Guy) in the 5th inning. Let's see, Manuel breaks up all these great starting pitchers to start the inning with a LOOGY. Hey Bud Selig, if seeing a "real game" means not seeing Roy Halladay face his old AL cronies for more than 2/3 of an inning, I want an exhibition game again.

Speaking of LOOGY's, our own Arthur Rhodes didn't get into the game. What a crying shame. The guy is 40, and in his first ever All Star Game, pitching as well as anyone this season, and he can't even get in against one hitter? Pathetic. Really pathetic.

I need to be commissioner of baseball, I really do. Bud Selig, you are horrible.

3 comments:

  1. The only reason I watched is because I had to blog about it the next day for the Enquirer. I would have been in bed by the fifth inning otherwise. Pluse, Harrison Ford's earring and creepy mini mullet turned me off of the whole show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notice that a Cubbie won the game for the National League? Greatness that is the Cubs. Now if we could finally figure out how to drop payroll and work our prospects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope so, the Cubs big league club is a mess. DLee, Aramis, and Mr. Soriano are unbelievably overpaid. I can believe that steaming pile is the #3 paid team in the league. Give Walt Jocketty that payroll. Hell, give ME that payroll.

    Don't even get me started on paying Milton Bradley. Even his board games suck.

    ReplyDelete